This kit includes 2 wheels with bearings, installation tool, and 2 axles.
Instructions are as follows:
1. There are two sides to each bag and one axle per side. To know which axle is which, look for the markings “R” for right and “L” for left.
2. Within each axle is a nut installed on a threaded end. You will not need to use this nut for basic installation. Remove these nuts and throw them over your right shoulder for good luck. If you have already lost a wheel or wheels, the following steps (3 & 4) are unnecessary.
3. Remove left wheel and axle by spinning the tool clockwise until the axle is no longer engaged and can be pulled out.
4. Do the same for the right wheel. This time spin the tool counter-clockwise to remove the axle.
5. Before installing the wheel try the axle alone without the wheel and verify that the threads match by threading the axle in until tight. If you do not have the correct axle it will not thread. Keep in mind that forcing the axle with the tool will only damage your already handicapped bag.
6. Place the wheel in its position as pictured above and install the axle through the wheel and into the axle housing. For the left wheel, tighten by spinning the tool counter-clockwise. CAUTION - it is important not to over torque the axles.
7. For the right wheel, install the axle through the wheel and tighten by spinning clockwise.
8. With the change complete, you are ready to resume your travels.
(wheel, wheel kit, installation, axle)