W48 is our Product Service Program. We'll check in and evaluate your claim, then contact you with next steps within 48 business hours of receiving your claim. That's the best warranty program in the industry and it's all part of Burton's commitment to get you back on the mountain as quickly as possible.
If a product comes back to us, we first aim to repair it. However, if that’s not possible, your product will be replaced, and it will be recycled or discarded immediately. If the product is replaced, we do work to keep as much material out of the landfill as possible. In 2017 we diverted 60-85% of every board from the landfill by down-cycling them into items like beer sample holders for our local breweries, shelving units, and employee name tags. For softgoods, we save fabric and components in excellent condition to use for future repairs. We are continuously searching for solutions to keep products in use longer, to give materials a second life, and to ultimately recycle those materials into a new life. Please let us know when creating your claim if you would prefer your product to be returned to you instead of replaced and recycled. The warranty remains valid on repaired and replaced items for the balance of one year from the original purchase date.
If the problem is not covered under warranty nor repairable, the product will be returned as is.
- Don't ship us peanuts. Think Green, they're bad for the environment.
- We recommend using Fed-Ex or UPS and that you insure your package.
- Keep your tracking handy until you see your item received by us. If your package is lost along the way we have no way to track it.
- Hold on to your RA. If you have any questions about your claim, call and give us your RA number and we'll be happy to update you on the status of your claim. You will receive email updates at each stage of the process.
- Street addresses are required. We cannot return ship to a PO Box.
- If you bought your product on Ebay or through another reseller, it doesn't have any warranty.