Boot or Binding 'response' indicates how sensitive a boot or binding is to rider input. Products with a higher response rating will be more sensitive to rider input, react more quickly and add more support for aggressive high performance riding. Think of a race car; high performance, low comfort. Products with less response will be better suited for a rider looking for more flexibility for a more relaxed ride. Think of a Cadillac; cushy, smooth ride, but not the best at turning or aggressive driving. Most riders prefer a balance of both or a softer binding to start out.
Articles in this section
- What discs come with bindings?
- Benefits of Hammock Straps
- What does boot/binding response mean? Which is right for me?
- What is Double Take and what are the advantages over traditional buckles?
- What determines a bindings "feel" rating? What does stiffness do for the rider?
- What size binding is best for me?
- What companies have authorized 3D hole pattern licenses?
- What binding systems are compatible with Burton splitboards?
- How do I mount my new bindings?
- Re:Flex™ or EST bindings?